All bookings with The Fanny Smith Academy are subject to these conditions.
- The cost of course will be paid as follows:
50% on booking
50% one month in advance of course date
- There is no refund for unused courses due to clients’ late arrival, illness, accident, or other cause outside our control.
- Course places are not transferable.
- If a course has to be cancelled because of illness or injury to our coaches or lack of snow etc we will arrange a replacement course at a mutually agreeable time and location.
- The Fanny Smith Academy does not insure its clients. Clients should insure themselves for third party liability and we also recommend personal, medical and rescue insurance.
- Group courses will have a minimum of XXXX clients. With fewer, will try to offer an alternative but if this cannot be agreed we may refund the course or offer an alternative and will have no further liability.
- The Fanny Smith Academy is obliged to take into account the prevailing conditions. We will therefore establish a programme of class times, venues etc. at the beginning of each week. These arrangements are always subject to alteration in the light of prevailing circumstances.
- For reasons of safety, it is a condition of booking that clients respect the professional judgement of their instructor while they are in the lesson.
- Clients should present themselves and their equipment in a fit and safe condition for physical activity in the mountain environment. The instructors have the right to exclude clients from courses if they arrive without the necessary fitness or skill levels to participate. There will be no refund in this instance.
- Course fees include tuition only. Flights, accommodation, transfers, lift passes, insurance, equipment hire and other incidental expenses are additional. Where training includes activities such as mountain biking, via ferrata, kayaking, climbing walls etc the cost of hire of equipment or entry to facilities will be additional to the course cost.
- We reserve the right at our absolute discretion to terminate without notice and liability the course of any person whose behaviour is such that it is likely, in our reasonable opinion, or that of the owner or manager, to cause distress, danger, damage, or annoyance to other customers, employees, property or to any third party. In all cases no refund will be given and we will be under no obligation whatsoever for any cost incurred.
- Our Liability. We promise to make sure that all parts of the course we have agreed to arrange as part of our contract are provided to a reasonable standard and in accordance with that contract. However, please note that we will not be liable for any injury, illness, death or consequent losses suffered by you or any member of your party unless you are able to prove that such injury, illness, death or consequent loss was caused by a lack of reasonable care and skill on the part of ourselves or our suppliers.
- And in all claims of whatever nature we will not be liable where the alleged loss or damage results from any of the following.
(a) the fault of the person(s) affected or any member(s) of their party or
(b) the fault of a third party not connected with the provision of your course which we could not have predicted or avoided or
(c) an event or circumstances which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not have predicted or avoided even after taking all reasonable care.
(d) the fault of anyone who was not carrying out work for us (generally or in particular) at the time.
In addition, we will not be responsible (i) where you do not enjoy your course or suffer any problems due to something you did not tell us about when you booked your course and where the problems you suffered did not result from any breach of our contract or other fault of ourselves, our suppliers or agents (ii)where any losses, expenses, costs or other sum you have suffered relate to any business. (ii)where any losses, expenses, costs or other sum you have suffered relate to any business. Please note, we cannot accept responsibility for any services which do not form part of our contract.